Simple Grab and Go = Success
These are a few “always have these on hand”
- Laughing Cow Cheese: Who loves cheese? Me too. Who also doesn’t eat much of it anymore because of the added calories? Me too. These little triangles are a slice of heaven. 3 Ways to use them:
- On plain rice cake with a couple slices of deli turkey
- Melt in egg whites – Holy YUM Batman
- Use as a dip for sliced red peppers or whole grain crackers
- Liquid Egg Whites: These are a perfect way to get in some more protein. 3 Ways to use them:
- Add to your whole eggs at breakfast for added protein.
- Saute with Laughing Cow Cheese and Cauliflower rice when you are in an pinch and need a quick, easy dinner
- Pour ¼ cup in greased muffin tins with your favorite spices and bake for 15 minutes. VOILA! Instant protein snack.
- Frozen Riced Cauliflower: Perfect frozen veggie option. 3 Ways to Use them:
- Saute and add some leftover chicken or ground beef and salsa of your choice. Lunch or dinner in 5 minutes.
- Saute and add in addition to rice.
- Saute with any other frozen vegetables for a quick easy veggie add to dinner.
- Cottage Cheese and Granola: Protein, carbs and fat all rolled into one easy to put together bowl. 3 Ways to Use them:
- ½ cup cottage cheese, ¼ cup granola. Afternoon snack!
- ½ cup cottage cheese, ¼ cup granola. After dinner snack!
- ½ cup cottage cheese, ¼ cup granola. Treat for after lunch.
- Greek Yogurt and Ranch Powder: Protein powered snack. 3 Ways to Use them:
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of ranch powder into single serve container. Use as dip for carrots, cucumbers or peppers. Afternoon snack!
- Mix ½ packet in larger container. Bag of baby carrots and you have a delicious appetizer to bring to a party
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ranch powder into single serve container and spread over rice cake and add a slice of deli turkey. Salty, delicious afternoon treat
- Tuna Packets: High Protein and low fat and they don’t need to be refrigerated. 3 Ways to Use them:
- Spread over rice cake for afternoon snack.
- Pack for travel and use to add to airport salad.
- Leave a few in your office desk. Add to pre cut bag of salad mix for a quick office lunch you didn’t even have to prep.
- Frozen Fish: Always have these options on hand for busy weeknights and weekends when you have run out of prepped food. Both defrost in under an hour and can be quickly sauteed or grilled with a bag of frozen veggies.
Simple, easy things to add to your grocery list this week that will have you crushing the snack and quick meal game.